Welcome to Jen's KICK-BUTT Movie Watching Contest

Sign up to PLAY by clicking the COMMENTS link below! Jen's KICK-BUTT Movie Watching Contest starts now. If you want to play, simply post an introduction here. Tell us who you are AND why you want to play. After you sign up, you can start posting about the movies you watch.

How to PLAY:
  1. Select a movie to watch from the list. Movies are grouped into categories. To find a movie, either scroll down this page OR select a category from the flickers sidebar.
  2. Post a reaction to the film on this blog. Be sure to post something that will tell us you actually watched the film. But, of course, this doesn't mean you have to like it! To post a movie reaction, click the "comments" link for the category where you found the movie listed. Keep your post SHORT.
  3. Every player gets THREE CHALLENGES. You can challenge anyone you think may be cheating (i.e. somebody who posted about a movie they didn't really watch). If you think someone is cheating, post a CHALLENGE question, but if the person you challenge passes the test, you get the strike. Moderators will arbitrate conflicts.
  4. A running tally of contestant scores (and challenges) is located in the contestants sidebar and will be updated weekly. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at a movie party in April 2008 (date and time tba).

Good luck. And, HAVE FUN!!!

11 comments:

Iddan said...

I'm Iddan and I'm playing because Jen will kill me if I don't.

Anonymous said...

I'm Juan and that's about all I have to say, hah

Anonymous said...

i am stephanie and i am playing because it seems like all classics and it might be fun!

Anonymous said...

Jen rocks....
This should bring very interesting commentary..... and should be fun as well!!!
The winter is coming. Great movie-watching time ahead. Get the popcorn ready.
Terie

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I'm not sure how to sign up for this because I wasn't able to get in the link where it says "Sign up Here." This sounds very interesting. This contest should be fun. I like watching movies when I have some time. But right now I have your class papers to finish. So once that is done it is "MOVIE ON."
J. Johnson

BK Gyrl said...

Ok..finally on this thing..It's Kisha, I'm ready to play :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

Found the site, look through all of the movies i am lucky to have some of them and i will start looking at movies tonite, one thing before i go i can't believe you have Looking for Mr. Goodbar, I have been looking for that movie for forever, man i love that movie, unfortunately it won't be the first one i look at.

Later
Octavia :)

Shante Pierre said...

Hey I wrote a brief feature piece on dis site for eng 282 then i realized that i forgot 2 sign up

:P heh


peace ~ shante`

Anonymous said...

I'm The King Of NY and You Already Know I'm going to win so don't waste your time playing lol.

Anonymous said...

Hei =)
I'm Dinar and I'm playing because Jen asked me if I had joined and I told her no and she told me all about this website and I thought "hmmm.....it might be cool". I'm not a movie buff but I do enjoy watching movies.

Unknown said...

"You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly; it's the honest ones you should look out for, you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"